Follow @ARenaissanceMan THE EXPRESSION: THE REVOLUTIONARY TIME TRAVEL. SHORT STORY

About Me

I am a work in progress, striving to maximize my creative expression, as I endeavor to make the world a better place than I found it.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

THE REVOLUTIONARY TIME TRAVEL. SHORT STORY

Went back in time.. 1971 to be exact, the forefront of the fight back. (Algiers).. Was in exile with the Cleavers..Eldridge lost a bit of spirit, but his passion was still in line, I wrote poems of the time, learned from their demeanor. Had convos with Kathleen, felt the core, the heart of the movement, learned that it was no longer about them..they only cared about the improvement.
Of their people
They no longer cared about their own well being.
Seeming
to get lost in the nature of her sacrifice, I wondered/take my life/so that they may live and die a thousands time over
I thought I knew it all, they knew more about my time, than I knew of theirs..Broke down the system we lived in/ called it Slaves of The Next Generation, living on a perpetual state of mental welfare...
Called Angela on the phone, they said to give her a ring... I said I only want to know of one thing...What is in a Revolution? What is the true content of a Revolution? Simply put, Revolution is not about the violence and war you wage on foot..The real content of any kind of Revolutionary Thrust, lies in the principles and goals you are striving for, not in the way you reach them.
On foot.
Met with Sto Car in Guinea...used up my last bit of "sense" to reach him..I woke, realizing my mind at the moment was broke. to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment